Thursday, July 7, 2011

June 23, 2011

Hey mom,
Nope, haven't got the package yet but I am anxiously awaiting it! I do see Jon like everyday during dinner. He is a good kid.  We are both in the MTC choir! ha ha. Too bad about the computer ha ha, its awesome here.

Later that day...

So I will write a real email now hah. So, this week I got called to be zone leader, which is pretty humbling because there are some really awesome missionaries. There a ton too! But I think we are losing some because they are in the advanced program.

The gym is closed this week so I have found out that I am quite the baller when it comes to soccer..ha ha - not. But its fun.

This week the twelve apostles are here to teach new mission presidents, so I have seen a couple around. The security is super tight because the prophet is here.

I am improving as a singer :D. I am a member of the MTC choir and I am rocking the house.

We lost 3 elders and 1 sister from my district this week to the MTC in Peru. I started to get really excited to leave, buuuut I have six weeks left. Time is starting to fly by, the days blend together. They are all the same pretty much except Sundays and Thursdays. Its super cool to get to the Temple once a week here.  Sundays re always awesome, this last one the district president was to call me and my companion to be zone leaders AND he is Nate's mission president. He is a great man. My branch presidency is awesome. The president was a mission president in Brazil and taught Portuguese at BYU for like 30 years. His 1st counselor was a Marine helicopter pilot during Vietnam. He is my favorite, I think. He reminds me a lot of dad and I think that is why I like him so much.

My district is so awesome, and so is my zone. Its really cool being able to know that you are set as a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Well...I'm still waiting people's addresses : ) ha ha

Love you guys and miss you lots,

Elder Vasher

No comments:

Post a Comment